Classes, skills and stats
1) There are no such classic Ultima Online features like SkillCap or StatCap on server. Maximum skill and parameter value is limited by class and level. You can learn more in Classes.
2) Some skills are replaced with another ones or simply turned off. You can find detailed information about them at the appropriate section of the site.
3) Some new parameters have been added, such as:
Intoxication: increases while drinking potions, it changes your ability to drink potions and also weakens it's effect, the higher it gets the weaker the effect becomes. If your intoxication is over the top, you can't drink anything untill your body has detoxicated.
Magic disciplines are the static ones - Each magic discipline has it's own parameter which can increase spell power of the certain school, also works for defensive magic spells. You can find the information about magic disciplines at the appropriate section of the site.
4) The Healing system is unusual and were designed specifically for UORPG server. You are able to apply the bandages only on your character. The first use of a bandage activates healing, - the second - stops it and instantly heals your character. If you will take damage while healing, this will cancel it - also incoming damage will be on 25% more (excepting magic damage). If you will hold healing in action longer, your health will be fully restored automaticly.
Physical combat (non-magic)
1) Any two-handed melee weapon and heavy crossbows have a chance to dismount the opponent on hit.
2) If you will get hit in melee while using a bow, your shot will be interrupted and your bow might get damaged.
3) Besides the certain weapon skill, your damage depends on strength stat (STR).
4) Swords(Swordsmanship) has a 10% chance to deal a critical strike. Critical strikes are 1.5 times more powerful then regular strikes.
Maces and Hammers(Macefighting) decreases opponents mana and stamina by hit.
Spears and Fences(Fencing) do more damage to Platemail Armors, and less for Light Armors.
5) Poison is applied to Fencing weapon two time faster that to swords other slashing weapon.
Poison can't be applied on maces or other bashing weapon as well as to arrows, bolts and other ranged weapons.
1) You can cast regular spells while moving. Target have to be chosen before a cast (no precast).
2) Chances to interrupt spell casting:
- Any physical damage always interrupts spells and actions.
- Poison spell effect will always interrupt spells and actions even if target is immune to poison.
- Any harmful magic spell cast of the second circle and higher(except the paralyze) will interrupt any other harmful magic spell cast(except for paralyze), invisibility and magic reflection will be interrupted too.
- Paralyze spell cast will fizzle other paralyze spell cast;
- Paralyze spell can fizzle all harmfull magic spells of the 2nd circle and higher if the .fparalyze mode is on( you can turn this mode on/off by typing .fparalyze or binds using .castenemy sparalyze / .castenemy fparalyze).
- Lightning spell can't be fizzled by spells of the 2nd circle like Fireball, Harm.
- You can not interrupt NPC's while casting.
3) Casting speed of the usual magery is constant and doesn't depend on any of the skills or stats.
Other features of the combat system
1) Fame points and ranking system:
— Maximum fame points: 25000.
— With every 5000 fame points, characters get a promotion in rankings:
a) 5000 - Lieutenant;
b) 10000 -Captain;
c) 15000 - Major;
d) 20000 -Colonel;
e) 25000 - General.
f) Lord/Marshal special ranks a granted to player that makes bigger impact into War of Alliances.
— Each rank increases overall damage by 4%.
You can gain fame by doing following things:
— Killing NPC's, 1 Fame point for each 500 experience points;
— Participating the events.
Renegades have no ranks, but they also receive 4% of the damage for every 5000 fame.
2) Total damage(OVERDAM) system: The more damage a player receives per second, and the more players harm him, the more Total damage points he receives. Total damage points dynamically increase the defense and damage of the target. Thus, not always a mass attack of one target will be a good tactic.
3) Certain classes have equipment boundaries:
— Mages and Necromancers can't equip chainmail and platemail armors;
— Vampires can't equip Order items;
— Paladins can't equip Chaos items, battle axes and sickles.
4)To prevent scamming from the insiders, the ability of killing any of the allied players is turned-off. Renegades can harm or help anyone
Looting corpses and other minor issues
1) The server has certain delays:
— Equipping/unequipping of the gear;
— Dropping items on the ground;
You won't be able to do any of these actions faster then the server delay. Creates a fair chance for players which don't use any add-ons/programms.
2) You can have 3 friends at UORPG, of course all of them must be your alies. They will have the permission to loot your corpse. All the other allies are unnable to do this.
Gaining stats, Item damaging, PvM
1) All of the fighting skills, magery and basic stats such as (strength, agility, intelligece) increase only while fighting NPC's. Crafters can increase their skills also while gathering resources and crafting.
2) Your equipment is getting damaged 3 times faster in PVP then in PVM. You lose 1 durability point each time it gets damaged. If your item reaches 0 durability points it breaks and disappears.